Variaciones Borges is a biannual journal, published in Spanish, English and French by the Borges Center at the University of Pittsburgh.
Variaciones Borges: Submission guidelines
- Variaciones Borges only accepts unpublished manuscripts of high academic level.
- Submission of a piece to Variaciones Borges implies authorization to publish it and the transfer of copyright, within the limits of intellectual property legislation.
- Staff is not obliged either to explain the reasons of not accepting an article or to maintain any kind of communication about a rejected article.
- Authors of a published article receive three copies of the issue in which the article in which it is included and a book review’s author receives two.
Aspects of format / Format issues
- Articles will be send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a Word file, preferably in Times New Roman font, size 12, double spaced and US Letter page.
- Articles should be 15 pages to 22 pages in length. Reviews should have between 3 and 5 pages.
- The same article file should include its author name and his or her academic or institutional affiliation.
- Footnotes are preferred to endnotes.
- It is a requisite to use MLA system for notes, quotes and every aspect of format.
- Articles might be written in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese. Articles are occasionally published in other languages.
- Quotations from Borges’ work will be in source language, except cases in which the main interest of an article requires it otherwise.
- Articles should incorporate previous works, including previous issues of Variaciones Borges and the most important on the topic approached.
- It is highly recommended to avoid articles such as “Borgean/ borgeano” and “Borgesian/ borgesiano” and their variants (except in quotations).
Note: These conditions are mainly a general guidance. The staff will solve any unexpected situation not included among them.
- Book Reviews
- Finder's Guide
- In The Arts
- News & Events
- Other Resources